BlueLine Game Studios Inc.
Based in San Francisco, California / Durham, North Carolina.
1 October, 2014
Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)
The Laser Game Khet 2.0: Mind blowing laser fun for players ages 9-99. Using simple rules that can be learned in minutes players alternate turns moving Egyptian themed mirrored pieces, after which they fire their laser with the goal of blasting their opponents Pharaoh to win the game!
The board game 'Khet' (originally called 'Deflexion') came out in 2005 to critical acclaim and has grown a steady following since then. In 2011, a more portable version with improved rules was released: 'Khet 2.0'. Years after Geoff first introduced Sean to Khet in college, the BlueLine Games developers knew that this was a game that would be perfect for a computer version. Khet was one of the main reasons that BlueLine chose to pursue digital conversions of board games. Three years after the founding of BlueLine Games, this small Indie Dev team's vision has finally become a reality!
- Play against the computer – AI with five difficulty levels.
- Play against human opponents locally or online
- Includes "hot-seat"/"pass-n-play" mode for multiplayer using only one computer.
- Full 3D with camera-control
- Full controller and "Steam Big Picture" support
- Switch seamlessly between playing with mouse/keyboard and gamepad.
- Friggin' lasers!
- Elo Ratings for online games – ranked on a Steam Leaderboard
- Steam Trading Cards, Badges, Backgrounds & Emoticons
- Dozens of Steam Stats & Achievements.
- The Khet board game is a winner of many awards including "Mensa Select", "Popular Science: Best of 2011 Toy Fair", and was a Toy Association "Toy of the Year Finalist".
- Steam version has no added DRM and can run everything except the online play & Steam-specific bonuses (Steam Achievements, Steam Leaderboards, etc.), without any internet connection and/or without Steam installed.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Mensa Select" Board game is recipient of the Mensa Select award by the world's first High IQ society.
- "Popular Science: Best of 2011 Toy Fair"
- "Toy Association "Toy of the Year Finalist""
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About BlueLine Game Studios Inc.
BlueLine Game Studios is an Indie Game company that specializes in licensing popular, award-winning board games and making digital versions of them. As a theme, most of BlueLine's games are very simple to learn but offer a great deal of depth to those who want to become more advanced. The first two major releases, "Hive" and "Khet 2.0", are both Mensa Select award winners and the company was founded by a member of Mensa; at the same time, the minimum recommended age for the games is 9 years old. This wide range of accessibility has lead to a very large and diverse user-base.
More information on BlueLine Game Studios Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Khet 2.0 Credits